Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So, here I am, after a sad day and several workouts later...Today was a really long day.  I did my 2.5 mile walk/jog in 30 minutes this morning and then spent the rest of the day trying to make it through work.  My ferret, Niko, who I have had for 8 years started going downhill last night and got to the point this afternoon where he could hardly move and was breathing so heavy that you could hear him several feet away. 

I made an appointment with the vet at 4pm but Niko died in my arms while sitting in the waiting room waiting on the Dr.  We brought him back home and buried him.  Somehow, the house doesn't feel the same without him here. :(  He was such a great friend and so much fun. Always there to give me kisses and make me laugh.

This evening I fed into my depression eating and went for Mexican Food which I have not had in over 6 months.  I guess old habits die hard...It has always been my comfort food.  Well instead of making me feel "comforted" I felt guilty for ruining my whole day of GOOD eating with my cheese enchiladas and Spanish rice not to mention chips and queso.  So...I put on my workout clothes, tossed in the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred DVD, and let her kick my ass for 20 minutes!  I also did another power mile with Leslie shortly after Jillian.  Wooo am I BEAT!

So far I have burned 2,926 calories and still have 2 hours of BURNING to go!  Hell yeah! Take that you cheesy bucket of yummy goodness!

M E and I have set a new goal...Lose 3 - 4 pounds a week through MORE exercise...so...stay tuned...

Signing Off...Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment